Thursday, March 11, 2010

There are some things money can't buy


The other day after work I took a trip to Eye Masters to try on a couple pairs of frames. In search for my prescription (which is nowhere to be found) I discovered something that I wish I hadn’t just shoved in the glove compartment of my car…it was a farewell letter from one of my best friends, Mr. Erik Bondehagen. He gave it to me the night before I left to move to Utah and I had forgotten what a genuinely sweet letter it was. Mind you, Erik is not one to show his mushy-gushy side (which DOES exist people!) so this letter is just a piece of friggin gold. In his letter, Erik explained the story of how the Fab Four (Suzie, Bethany, Max and Erik) met, how much he cherished everything we had gone through from summer of 2005 to winter of 2008 and added that even the worst times were awesome because he learned something from them. It definitely brought me back, remembering how everyday in Claremont was spent with my best friends, swimming, playing music, laughing, loving…it was the best time of my life. So I finished the letter and quickly sent a text message to Erik, letting him know what an awesome letter it was and how much I appreciated the nostalgia. It’s always nice to have a reminder of the times you cherished the most. For the rest of the day, not only did Erik’s letter produce countless little pictures of Claremont friends dancing around in my head (literally, dancing friends), but it also brought about an overwhelming feeling of appreciation for those that I can happily call my FRIENDS here in Utah.

I knew that as I stepped foot in Utah, anyone who could even earn the title of a so-called “friend” had big shoes to fill. Mind you, I did not say replace. It would be utterly impossible and completely out of the question to say that anyone could replace my California friends, simply, a rather large void would need to be filled once I moved. And so it has been. Through the past year, I have made friends that most definitely make a life in Utah swell and I graciously accept them into my collection of wonderful people that I grew to know and love throughout my life in California. So here’s to all of my friends, from the coast of Southern California, to Utah...

All my life I've been searching for something
Something I can put my finger on
Maybe I've been living for the weekend
Maybe I've been living for this cyber soul
Every Friday just about midnight
All my problems seem to disappear
Everyone that I miss when I'm distant
Everybody's here

I need love
Cause only love is true
I need every wakin' hour with you
And my friends cause they're so beautiful
Yeah my friends they are so beautiful
They're MY friends

They're my friends...
They're my friends...
They're my friends...
They're my friends...
They're my friends...
They're my friends...
They're my friends...

They're my friends.

Band of Skulls- Friends

Love, B

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty much super grateful that your in utah so we can be friends :) because you're simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, cheesy huh? But I just love my friends so much.

    Ali, YOU'RE simply amazing. I think I'm going to absolutely LOVE living with you : )

    ReplyDelete